Kingsley Medical offers a variety of injection services. Such injections may be used to treat acute or chronic joint pain, arthritis, bursitis, tendonits and fasciitis. It is important that such injections are coordinated with your pharmacological treatments as well as your physiotherapy care.
You will be prescribed appropriate after-care, strapping and exercises when you receive an injection. This can make the difference between experiencing short-term or permanent relief from your injection. Please listen carefully to the advice you are given following your injection – your cooperation is essential.
The injection treatments offered at Kingsley Medical include:
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) – bursitis, arthritis, tendonitis.
- Autologous Blood Injections (ABI) – golfers elbow, heel spurs / plantar fasciitis, tennis elbow, achillies tendonitis.
- Trigger Point injections – whiplash, headaches, neck pain, chronic lower back pain
- Joint aspirations – this is where fluid or blood is ‘drained from the joint under local anaesthetic
- Corticosteroid (cortisone) injections – for arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, cystic acne
- Gel injections – for degenerative joint pathologies. There are several products available (for legal reasons we are unable to name them) that aim to improve the ‘cushioning’ within an arthritic joint. Such injections may be partly rebateable through your private health insurer.
All injections do incur a fee in addition to your consultation fee. This varies according to what type of injection you are receiving and is not claimable through Medicare.
Please review our fee schedule for more information.