Kingsley Medical complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Australian Privacy Principles).
Kingsley Medical collects information from you for the primary purpose of providing quality health care. We require you to provide us with your personal details and a full medical history so that we may properly assess, diagnose and treat illnesses and medical conditions, ensuring we are proactive in your health care. To enable ongoing care, and in keeping with the Privacy Act 1988 and Australian Privacy Principles, we wish to provide you with sufficient information on how your personal information may be used or disclosed.
Your personal information will only be used for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise permitted by law, and we respect your right to determine how your information is used or disclosed.
The information we gather may be collected by several different methods. Examples include: medical test results, notes from consultations, Medicare details, data collected from observations and conversations with you, and details obtained from other health care providers (e.g. specialist correspondence).
- Administrative purposes in running our General Practice.
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare requirements.
- Follow-up reminder/recall notices for treatment and preventative healthcare.
- Disclosure to others involved in your health care, including treating doctors and specialists outside this medical practice. This may occur through referral to other doctors or for medical tests. It may also include medical reports or results returned to us following these referrals.
- Accreditation and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice management.
- For legal related disclosure as required by a court of law.
- For the purposes of research (only de-identified information will be used).
- To allow medical students and staff to participate in medical training, teaching and research (only de-identified information will be used).
- To comply with any legislative or regulatory requirements e.g. notifiable diseases.
- For use when seeking treatment by other doctors in this practice.
At all times, we are required to ensure your details are treated with the utmost confidentiality. Your records are important and we will take all steps necessary to ensure they remain confidential.
As a patient of Kingsley Medical you may request your medical records (or components of) by clicking here. Please note that there may be a fee for this service (you will be notified if this is the case) and the transfer or preparation of your medical records may take up to 5 business days. Additional fees may apply if you wish to expedite this process. Medical records will not be released until such times that any outstanding fees owing are finalised. Kingsley Medical will not purposefully delay the release of medical records in so far as it may jeopardise the expedient care of any individual.